Hampton Victoria, 3188 24 Hour - 7 Days a week - Free Call 1800 763 855 or Ph (03) 9562 3224. 24 hrs
Hampton Victoria, 3188
24 Hour - 7 Days a week - Free Call 1800 763 855 or Ph (03) 9562 3224. 24 hrs
Harris Family Funerals is committed to providing clients families with the highest level of customer service. This includes protecting our clients' privacy. From the 21st of December 2001, we are bound by new sections of the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988, (Privacy Amendment Act 2000) which set out a number of principles concerning the protection of your personal information.
Following is the information that the Privacy Act requires us to communicate to our clients.
● the types of information we may collect from you
● how we collect that information,
● the purposes for which information is used, and,
● details on how you can access your personal details from Harris Family Funerals
Your personal information
In order for Harris Family Funerals to provide services to you, it may be necessary to request and record personal information surrounding the deceased person and related parties. This information may extend to, but is not limited to: names, dates of birth, places of birth, current and previous addresses, occupations, employer details, telephone/mobile numbers, credit card or bank account details, e-mail addresses, of Harris Family Funerals client families'.
Generally, you have no obligation to provide any information requested by us. However, if you choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with the funeral related services that depend on the collection of that information.
How we collect personal information
So that Harris Family Funerals can provide services to you, we may need to collect personal information in a number of ways, including:
● details gathered when initial contact is made by client families enquiring about funerals or related services;
● information gathered at the funeral arrangement conference;
● details collected when contracting for pre-need funeral services;
● from our own records if applicable;
● from third parties, including doctors, hospitals, cemeteries etc, where such information is required to provide
funeral or related services.
How we use your personal information
Your personal information may be used for the following purposes:
● to carry out the services you require
● inform you of initiatives and post-funeral related services which are available to our client families
● to provide internal statistical analysis
● billing and debt recovery functions
You have the right to advise us that you do not want us to send information to you other than for the main reason that we have collected your personal details.
Access to your person information
We will provide you with access to any of your personal information we hold.
If you require access to your personal information, please contact our Administration on 1800 736 855.
More information about Privacy Law and the National Privacy Principles is available from the Federal Privacy
Commissioner at http://www.privacy.gov.au.